Saturday, March 7, 2009

Feelin' Silly...

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in Cincinnati - 76 degrees and the sun is shining. Perfect day for a gardener-a-holic to clean out the flower beds.

I begin my tour around the yard to plot my plan of action when I notice that one of my larger flower containers has a drainage problem. The soil is completely saturated and full to the brim with soured water, so I decide to tip over the planter and drain it. This is a BIG planter. Big like the ones you see in the mall that are overflowing with blooms and ferns and sometimes small trees. I almost have it tipped over when it slips out of my hands and lands, all 100+ pounds or so of it, on my foot. It stunned me at first, and it took a second for me to think - "Get it off your foot, stupid!"

I don't think it's broken, but is quite swollen. My plans for the day have changed. Instead of working in the garden, I'm going to sit in a lounge chair and work on my summer tan. Can't waste a beautiful day, right?

6 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Oh ouch -- sorry about your foot, but it sounds like you're going to make the best of it. Enjoy your warm weather. We're still getting snow here. Not that I'm upset about that -- LOL! I hope you had a good day!

Bish Denham said...

Owie! Keep it elevated, put some ice on it and call me in the morning. :)

Marcia said...

Ouch! I'm sorry your foray into the garden ended up like this. It's blizzarding outside at the moment, so mine will be much delayed.

Nora MacFarlane said...

Foot's much better today!

Snow. Eew. I'm really hoping that the spring weather that's trying to come will stick around. We're heading back to the 40's this week with rain. I'll take that over snow any day!!

Adrienne said...

Oh, your poor foot! Good for you for making the most of it, though! Hope you didn't get a sunburn, too...

sruble said...

I hope your foot is feeling better now!