Thursday, October 8, 2009

Playing Hooky

I've been playing hooky from my blog. Sorry, but there's so much good stuff to read right now. I just finished Suzanne Collin's Catching Fire. Awesome! I had to bump it out of the "On Deck" section ahead of Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, because I'd borrowed it, and there's a huge waiting list of people who want to read it. Thank you, Sep, for letting me read first.

I bought Demon King, by Cinda Chima, and Blue Moon, by Alyson Noel today with my coupons. As a book-a-holic with a habit to feed, I'm always looking for a deal.

Shiver calls, but so does my manuscript. What to do? Dwell in my own world, or someone else's... Tough decision.

4 comments:

Christina Farley said...

I'm with you on this! It's so hard finding a balance for it all. You've read some great books too! It's hard for me to get the latest reads living over here in Korea. Jealous!

Anonymous said...

Ah, a little of each is the best--like having small slices of TWO desserts, right?

Trisha Pearson said...

I've been playing hooky from my blog too. There are just so many things to do these days. But at least you've been reading some great books!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Christina - Wish I could help you with the good reads! I've got a whole network of book trading buddies.

Green Girl - I DID do both! A little Shiver... a lot of writing. Topped off with a mocha latte. It was a good night.

Trisha - There's just not enough time in the day to do it all, but I'm trying...