Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Confessions of a Talent Junkie

I can't believe this, but I'm a complete Britain's Got Talent junkie.

Me. Which is strange because I can barely tolerate television. I usually listen to the news on my tiny kitchen TV while I cook dinner, but you'll rarely catch me sitting down to watch a program. I always feel like there is so much else to do that is more productive. My daughter figured that out when she was four. "Mama, come and watch TV with me. We can fold laundry..."

I'm watching it, of course, online. Maybe that's why I like it. I can click on the segment I want to see, and I can view what I'm interested in without the interruption of commercials. Or maybe it's because some of the acts are so bizarre. I have to admit I'm drawn to the singing and dance acts the most. I'm so hooked that I even have the clock on my Mac set to London time so I don't miss anything. The semi-finals are this week, and the final is this Saturday. The shows begin at 8:30 p.m., and they start posting the acts online within an hour. Which is terrific because I can watch them when I get home from teaching and still have dinner on the table at the normal time.

Except tonight. I opted for frozen pizza while I wait for the Semi-final 3 Recap...

8 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Halarious! I have my crazy addictions too. Love the pizza idea. Friday will be my pizza night.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how a show will just capture your attention?

Mary Witzl said...

I tend to loathe TV and see it as an encroachment on an already too-busy life, but I suspect this addiction thing could happen to me too if I got weak. So I am wisely not going to click on that link you've posted -- I'm going to ignore it and go back to my procrastinating! (Hands over eyes...)

Nora MacFarlane said...

Ha!

Mary - the good thing is it will be over Saturday afternoon. Then I'll into withdrawal, but I'll have no excuses for avoiding my manuscript!

Rena Jones said...

LOL @ folding laundry while you watch. I know some people who are really into this show too.

Adrienne said...

It was a mistake for me to tune in to So You Think You Can Dance...that one gets me hooked.

Anne Spollen said...

Do you watch Susan Boyle? I almost never watch tv either, but for some reason, I watch her on the Internet. Go figure.

Nora MacFarlane said...

I watch it all! I'm sooooooo glad the finals are over. Now I can get back to my much neglected manuscript!