Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good News!

Daughter and I went to see a pediatric sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon today (say that one 10 times fast!). Good news!! He disagreed with the ER doctor. He believes daughter will not have to give up gymnastics. The plan is surgery Tuesday for a pin in the bone, no cast, and therapy begins within 3 to 4 days after surgery. She can begin conditioning at the gym under the care of a sports therapist within 2 weeks, and may be back to full training within 6 to 8 weeks! Sounds great, but I'm getting a second (third?) opinion. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe now I can get my head back into writing/plotting my new novel. I haven't put down a single new word on the page. No inspiration. None at all. Just the desire for a good, long nap.

11 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

I hope it all works out!! Keep us posted.

Bish Denham said...

Yes, getting that second (third) opinion is probably a wise thing to do. I hope the best and that your daughter's break heals strongly.

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thank you both. My biggest worry right now is the surgeon is available for scheduling, but there are no operating rooms available. We're on a waiting list for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of NEXT week. It's already been a week. I'm afraid her arm is going to start to heal and set incorrectly. I'm hoping the doctor we see Saturday can get her in sooner. It's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your duaghter! Hooray for getting back to your writing!

Mary Witzl said...

Good for her -- I know how relieved you must be!

Trisha Pearson said...

That is good news! Good luck to her in her surgery and physical therapy.

Adrienne said...

That's a lot to take in...no wonder you need a nap! Hoping for the best for your daughter.

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thanks All - It's been a whirlwind week!

Christina Farley said...

Yeah! This is really good news. You've been through so much lately.

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! that's encouraging news! I'll keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thanks again, All!