Thursday, June 18, 2009

AWOL...

Sorry... I've been AWOL from my blog.

However I've been productive - 5200 words in the last 5 days on my new WIP. I'm trying, trying, trying to do 1000 words per day. I've been working mostly at night - between 10 PM and 2 AM. It's hard to write during the day. My daughter, the one who is recovering from the dislocated and broken elbow, is BORED. She is usually active ALL the time, and her friends are also gymnasts. Their fun is to play on their trampolines, personal bars and beam, and try to outdo each other on the diving board at the pool. But daughter isn't allowed to do any of this - yet. Tonight I invested in the Wii Fit. She was so excited! Hopefully it will keep her attention for awhile.

Finally, I've been tagged by Rena. Thank you Rena, for bringing me back from being AWOL!

Sinful Nature

"Sometimes you can learn more about a person by what they don’t tell you. Sometimes you can learn a lot from the things they just make up. If you are tagged with this Meme, lie to me. Then tag 7 other folks (one for each deadly sin) and hope they can lie."

Pride -- What is your biggest contribution to the world?
My ability to knock the ball out of the park!

Envy -- What do your coworkers have that you wish was yours?
Recess duty. I love standing outside with kids in all kinds of weather.

Gluttony -- What did you eat last night?
Chocolate covered aphids. It was an easy and tasty solution to the problem in the garden.

Lust -- What really lights your fire?
Pants that are belted below the butt. There's something exciting about guys that have to walk like penguins...

Anger -- What is the last thing that really pissed you off?
My cat will not stop playing with my hair when I'm trying to read on the couch. So annoying.

Greed -- Name something you hoard and keep from others.
Batteries. The kids don't need all those gadgets to work. Right?

Sloth -- What’s the laziest thing you ever did?
Lazy... hmmmm... who's lazy?

I tag the following 7 bloggers -

1 . Chocolateer
2. Green Girl in Wisconsin
3. Trisha
4. Carrie
5. Sarah
6. Christina
7. Anne

7 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

ooooooo.....fun!

I'll hop on this tomorrow afternoon :) That'll give me some time to start contriving my answers. Though, I have to admit some confusion on the cat issue. You *like* having the cat play with your hair? In which case, do you want another cat? She's super sweet and would eat up attention.

Nora MacFarlane said...

Yes, my cat is fun! And no, we have two cats already, thank you.

Bish Denham said...

Congrats Nora on your 1000 words a day!

Fun Meme!

Carrie Harris said...

Snarf. That's really funny. Thanks for the tag, and congrats on that word count!

Rena Jones said...

LOL @ your cat. I can just seeing you scolding her. ;)

Mrs. Random said...

Done! Go me!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Nora;)
I hope your daughter does well with the Wii fit--sounds like she needs SOMETHING to work off her energy!