Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Love My Garden...

I love to garden. It gives me such satisfaction, and it's cheaper than therapy.

I didn't work in my garden last year, and boy, did I pay for that THIS year! Last year I was grieving. Not only for the loss of my sister-in-law, but for the loss of the eleven, 60 foot trees that my neighbors on both side of our property cut down. They needed to come down, I know that, and I don't begrudge the decisions. But 10 years of hard labor on a shade garden went down the tubes - fast.

This year I'm experimenting with sun-loving flowers. I still have some shade gardens, although they do get sun part of the day. I've been working on my lilies for several years, and I planted my coreopsis two years ago. They're ready to divide, and I think I"ll move some of them to the side of the house next year.

Today I thought I'd share some of my garden that is blooming. I'm expecting hibiscus any day now. If they are showy, I'll share them too. Enjoy!






4 comments:

Christina Farley said...

I am so impressed. You're garden is gorgeous. You are so great with that. I couldn't tell the difference from a weed and a plant. It's totally pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Your garden is lovely! Mine is a WIP! lol!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thanks, all!

Martha Flynn said...

gorgeous! almost as colorful as the coraline garden!