Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a Weekend!

This weekend I traveled to Pittsburgh to the WPASCBWI Conference, heard Bruce Coville speak - twice (fabulous!), had my first conference manuscript critique (very productive and encouraging), listened to Steven Meltzer talk about Dutton Children's Books, had lunch with Danielle Chiotti from Upstart Crow (okay, she decided to sit at my table and we struck up a conversation -very nice lady), toured Pittsburgh with a long, lost high school friend, said farewell to my laptop, traveled to Springfield, Ohio to celebrate Dad's 75th birthday, and finally made it back to Cincinnati this evening. All in all, I logged 604 miles, and I'm a happy gal.

More on the weekend tomorrow. For now, the pillow is calling...

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow, that sounds like a full weekend! And Bruce Coville is very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Wow--I'm glad you had such a grand opporunity!

PJ Hoover said...

Whoo hoo! It sounds perfect. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!