Thursday, November 5, 2009

Writer Stuff

I am in heaven.

I'm facilitating a high school workshop that focuses on the process of writing a novel. I've never had such an enthusiastic group of students. They are eager, receptive, they participate, take risks, and they're talented! (Hurrah!!) Tonight was our second meeting. I shared Maggie Steifvater's blog post about 'How Maggie Writes a Novel," and we began the critique process. I can't wait to see what they bring to the next meeting.

Tomorrow I leave for Pittsburgh to attend the Western Pennsylvania SCBWI Conference. Friday night is a "write in" night. I've got a date with my laptop. The conference is Saturday. I'm pumped! Should be good.

Daughter just came in to inform me that she's almost made it through the whole week without her stomach growling in English. Ah... the trials of 6th grade.

Keep writing!
Nora

7 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Sounds like things are going well! That does sound like a fun class to teach. I read Maggie's blog entry too and thought it was interesting.

Nora MacFarlane said...

The best part about the workshop (aside from fun, talented kids), is I don't have to grade any papers!

Bish Denham said...

Oh! It sounds like you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a great curriculum and enthusiastic students! I bet you're inspiring them a ton!
Have you tried boosting your daughter's protein intake at breakfast? I have some ahem metabolic issues and 8 g protein will help your body process carbs more slowly and keep you from STARVING too soon. Sorry, I hate giving unsolicited advice like that.

Rena Jones said...

Sounds like fun! LOL @ the stomach growling.

Brenda said...

Sounds wonderful! Have fun at the conference...Hugs...

Anne Spollen said...

WAht an amazing opportunity, and no papers. You'll never want to go back --