Since today is the last of January, I thought I'd take a look at my New Year's resolution progress. Here goes:
1) I will write six days a week - no excuses.
*So far so good!
2) I will continually seek to improve my writing skills by writing, attending a monthly critique group, attending at least one writer's conference, reading lots of MG and YA literature, and reading books on the craft of writing.
*My monthly critique group was cancelled due to snow. I've read 5 MG and YA novels this month, but nothing about the craft of writing. I probably won't be able to attend a conference until fall, but I've been reading Alice Pope's blog about the New York SCBWI conference. Not quite like being there though.
3) I will actively seek agent representation
*I've been researching to find agents that are looking for what I write as well as authors they represent- checking agency websites, agentquery.com, amazon.com, etc.
4) I will write a synopsis for a sequel to the book I just finished writing.
*Nope. Haven't even thought about it yet.
5) I will finish writing the MG novel I began during NaNoWriMo.
*I've worked on this a very little bit. Mostly, I've been revising my current WIP.
There you have it. Not a bad start to the year. Now, if I can just keep it up...