Saturday, January 31, 2009

Resolution Review

Since today is the last of January, I thought I'd take a look at my New Year's resolution progress. Here goes:

1) I will write six days a week - no excuses.
*So far so good!

2) I will continually seek to improve my writing skills by writing, attending a monthly critique group, attending at least one writer's conference, reading lots of MG and YA literature, and reading books on the craft of writing.
*My monthly critique group was cancelled due to snow. I've read 5 MG and YA novels this month, but nothing about the craft of writing. I probably won't be able to attend a conference until fall, but I've been reading Alice Pope's blog about the New York SCBWI conference. Not quite like being there though.

3) I will actively seek agent representation
*I've been researching to find agents that are looking for what I write as well as authors they represent- checking agency websites, agentquery.com, amazon.com, etc.

4) I will write a synopsis for a sequel to the book I just finished writing.
*Nope. Haven't even thought about it yet.

5) I will finish writing the MG novel I began during NaNoWriMo.
*I've worked on this a very little bit. Mostly, I've been revising my current WIP.

There you have it. Not a bad start to the year. Now, if I can just keep it up...

12 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Not a bad start at all!

Kelly Polark said...

Wow, very good!
One of my goals was to submit two things a week this year (to a publisher or magazine). So far so good! One of my other ones was to eat healthier...Oops...

Christina Farley said...

Impressive. Great work! Thanks for Alice's link too.

Bish Denham said...

I say give yourself a nice pat on the back, you're doing very well indeed!

Anne Spollen said...

Finished your novel -- wow. Good luck!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Thanks, All! Keep pluggin' away...

Anne Spollen said...

Hi Nora,

I've been reading your comments on one of the blogs I visit (I love blogs -- such justifiable procrastination) and I should have mentioned that before I left a comment.

Of course, now that I'm writing this, I can't for the life of me remember whose blog I've read your comments on, but we'll cross paths on it one day.

Anyway, I should have said that before leaving a comment. So hi!

Nora MacFarlane said...

HI Anne!

Carrie Harris said...

I'd say that's better than "not bad"!

Marcia said...

Nice job! Especially with #1!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Just checking in, how's the 6 days a week going?

I have a REAL problem with resolutions. Ever since I started dieting - all I can think about is food. :(

Brenda said...

Great job on keeping up with most of your goals...You're doing great!