Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ahhhhh.... Solitude

For the first time in a very long time I have the house completely to myself. All day. Daughter is in Michigan. Son just left to register for classes. Husband is at work. It's just me and the cats.

I could get a lot done today, if I felt so inclined. I could clean house or do the never-ending laundry. I could be a good little writer and knock off another chapter of my WIP. But it's raining outside and the house is quiet. The day whispers for the simple pleasures - a good read.

I'm going to throw a pan of sweet corn bread in the oven to slice with a cucumber and tomato for lunch. The rest of the morning will be spent on the couch reading about Bartimaeus and Nathaniel. I can't wait to find out how their story unfolds.

I love solitude.

7 comments:

Anna Staniszewski said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

PJ Hoover said...

I'm needing some serious solitude today. Must get away from the house!

Rena Jones said...

Sounds like heaven. I really need a day like that myself. Or, maybe just a loaf of sweet corn bread. One or the other -- ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed a quiet day.
I'm with you on Mozart and writing--they are like peas and carrots. Or peanut butter and jelly.

Nora MacFarlane said...

It was a very nice day. Good book, hot cornbread, happy cat, and quiet. Ahhh...

Trisha Pearson said...

Ahhh Solitude is wonderful. I'm so jealous! I'm desperate for some solitude. Cornbread would be nice too!

Christina Farley said...

I'm so jealous! Terrible I know. I can't remember the last time I had a day to myself. Maybe 10 years ago? Seriously. It's bad.

Hope you enjoyed every moment of it. And I love your lunch selection too!